Does Acupuncture Help Fertility?
Doing something that’s great for your overall health, such as acupuncture, can be a positive step towards achieving successful conception. Acupuncture is a great complementary medicine and is all about helping you maintain a happy and healthy body as it is about trying to ‘fix’ any problems. However, does acupuncture help fertility?
One of the main benefits of acupuncture when you are preparing for pregnancy is that it will naturally help get your body in great condition!
What Are the Main Benefits of Acupuncture?
- If your hormonal system is working better, this can help your menstrual cycle run more regularly. Having an irregular menstrual cycle can sometimes slow your attempts to conceive.
- Acupuncture can also help to balance your hormone levels. This will help to maximise fertility as your find will find it easier to release that all-important egg!
- Acupuncture can also help enhance your body’s circulation. This is great news for your uterus and will generally help improve your overall health as well.
- You should not underestimate the feel-good factor of being in better health. Stress and feeling tired and run-down can have a negative impact on your fertility and ovulation.
- Conditions that have an impact on your fertility such as Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) and other conditions like endometriosis can have a serious impact on your chances of conceiving. Acupuncture has been known to help alleviate the main symptoms of these conditions.
What to Expect During Acupuncture Fertility Treatment
When you arrive for your first acupuncture treatment, you will have to answer a number of in-depth questions about your general health, lifestyle and emotional state. You will likely need to talk about your menstrual cycles. Based on the information you provide your acupuncturist will establish a ‘pattern’. This will help the acupuncturist determine where the imbalance in your body exists. From there, the acupuncturist will determine which puncture sites to use.
If you think fertility acupuncture could help you, don’t hesitate to get in touch and book an appointment!